Web hosting is one of the most lucrative affiliate marketing niches out there. Here is my list of the best web hosting affiliate marketing programs ⇣ where you can earn up to $7,000 in commission for every web hosting client you refer to.
If someone told you they made thousands of dollars while they were asleep, what would you say to them? You would probably dismiss the claim as fake, call them crazy and move on, thinking it’s impossible to earn that much (or at all) without actually being “at work”.
But how do they earn it? The answer is simple — affiliate marketing.
Best web hosting and WordPress hosting affiliate programs:
|Web Host||Commission||Sign Up Link|
|Liquid Web||150%||Liquid Web Affiliate Program|
|Kinsta||$50 – $500||Kinsta Affiliate Program|
|Cloudways||$50 – $200||Cloudways Affiliate Program|
|A2 Hosting||$85 – $140||A2 Hosting Affiliate Program|
|Hostgator||$50 – $125||HostGator Affiliate Program|
|Bluehost||$65+||Bluehost Affiliate Program|
Thousands of website owners and bloggers have found a way to sustain themselves with a passive income stream. How? By promoting web hosting companies. Did you know that Bluehost paid out 5 million dollars in commissions to affiliates last year!
I should mention that this website makes an income from affiliate marketing. Because it’s no secret that I monetize this website via affiliate marketing, mainly from the web hosts I have used over the years as a web developer.
When it comes to choosing the best web hosting affiliate programs, you have to be careful. Don’t just pick the one that pays the highest commission; pick the one that is reliable, user-friendly, and well known for its quality.
But the most important rule you should always try to follow is this:
As an affiliate, you should only recommend web hosts that you are familiar with – and you should only recommend web hosts you have used before and have helped you achieve something.
If you’re not confident in the product and you don’t feel it will help people, then you shouldn’t promote it.
Unless you truly know the product, have used it successfully for yourself and can prove that to your audience, you can’t expect others to just take your word for it – Pat Flynn from SmartPassiveIncome
He knows what he’s talking about because he makes around $30k each and every month from promoting Bluehost.
Because, if you promote a low-quality product, it reflects badly on you. You can end up losing the audience you worked so hard to build. Choose your affiliate programs carefully and you will be able to earn more from them.
Best Web Hosting Affiliate Marketing Programs
Here, I have listed and reviewed some of the best web hosting affiliate programs for you to join. These have been chosen based on their payout, reliability, and quality.
Let’s check them out in more detail!
- Liquid Web Affiliate Program
- Kinsta Affiliate Program
- WP Engine Affiliate Program
- Cloudways Affiliate Program
- A2 Hosting Affiliate Program
- HostGator Affiliate Program
- Bluehost Affiliate Program
1. Liquid Web Affiliate Program
Liquid Web is a leader in the premium managed to host space. They offer a range of services from “classic” dedicated servers and VPS hosting, and Cloud dedicated servers and VPS to fully managed WooCommerce and WordPress hosting.
Their managed WooCommerce and WordPress hosting are fast, reliable, and secure. Sites hosted on Liquid Web have the fastest speed with 10 PHP workers, free site migration, free SSL certificates, and no overage fees, traffic limits, or metered pageviews.
LiquidWeb’s managed WooCommerce and WordPress hosting come bundled with free Beaver Builder page builder plugin, All Iconic WP plugins, Jilt Abandonded Cart, Affiliate WP and Glew Analytics.
Their affiliate program is among the best in the industry. Affiliates are paid 150% of the monthly cost with a minimum CPA of $150 (you also earn a 50% bonus for pre-paid plans.)
It certainly pays to refer customers to LiquidWeb. Here’s a breakdown of the CPA ranges:
- Managed WordPress: $150 – $2,000 per signup
- Managed WooCommerce: $150 – $3,000 per signup
- VPS Hosting: $150 – $300 per signup
- Dedicated Hosting: $150 – $7,000 per signup
- Cloud Hosting: $150 – $5,000 per signup
As an affiliate partner of LiquidWeb they’ll provide you with a range of excellent incentives to help you refer clients to them:
- Personalized commissions
- Exclusive coupon codes
- Co-branded landing pages
- Exclusive sales and offers
- Free giveaways to customers (like WP101 training memberships)
This makes Liquid Web’s affiliate program one of the best. This is a superb web host that the client you refer will love, and you will be generously rewarded for signing them up.
Click to Join Liquid Web’s Affiliate Program
2. Kinsta Affiliate Program
Kinsta is a fully managed WordPress hosting provider with cloud servers powered by Google Cloud Platform. Sites hosted with Kinsta load lightning fast, are secure and come with all the latest tech such as SSL, PHP7, HTTP/2 CDN, staging areas, and loads more.
Their affiliate program is one of the best, if not the best in the hosting industry. For every sale, you refer you can earn up to $500 + you get 10% monthly recurring lifetime commissions.
Here are some of the reasons why Kinsta’s affiliate program is one of the best in the business:
- Earn between $50 to $500 for every customer you refer (based on the type of plan you refer to)
- Starter plan ($50 commission)
- Pro plan ($100 commission)
- Business plans ($150 commission)
- Enterprise plans ($500 commission)
- 60-day long tracking cookie and earnings are paid in a 60-day conversion window
- 10% monthly recurring commissions for the lifetime of the customer you referred
- Kinsta’s churn rate is under 5%, which means consistent recurring commissions
- Monthly payouts to your PayPal account
- Real-time tracking where you can see affiliate data in real-time, as well as page views, subscriptions, in-depth plan details
- Huge library of promotional banners and logos, as well as guides and resources for affiliates.
All of these reasons make Kinsta’s affiliate program one of the best. This is a fantastic web host and together with their rewarding affiliate program makes this a given recipe for success. I strongly recommend you go and check out their program and start earning affiliate income.
Click to Join Kinsta’s Affiliate Program
3. WP Engine Affiliate Program
If you mostly write about WordPress themes and plugins, WP Engine could be the best choice for you.
WP Engine has one of the highest paying affiliate programs, offering a minimum of $200 per sale. You will be paid on the 20th of every month and you have to create a ShareASale account to receive your payment.
As an affiliate, you receive a standard $200 commission on every sale or 100% of the first month’s revenue (depending on what plan your reader purchases) — whichever is higher. That’s one sweet deal, isn’t it?
WP Engine is one of the leading web hosting platforms in the domain; by promoting them, you can be assured of low reversal rates. You can also be sure you’re recommending a high-quality product to your audience.
Let us look at a few reasons why the WP Engine affiliate program is among the best in the business:
- Hefty Commissions: The program offers a minimum of $200 on every sale. Hardly any other program comes close to matching that number. The bonus point? If your customer opts for a pricier plan, you receive 100% of their first month’s revenue.
- Additional Bonus on More Referrals: The program is designed to incentivize the affiliate to drive more sales. If you have a wider reach and are able to refer more than five visitors to the hosting service website, you can count on earning more than $200 per sale. For every five sales you facilitate, you receive an additional $100. For 10 sales, you get $250. If 60 of your referrals convert, you receive a whopping $1500 commission, making a total of $15,475!
- Low Reversal Rates: People who opt for the WP Engine hosting service are usually dedicated WordPress users seeking an advanced hosting platform. And WP Engine does not disappoint. Therefore, the reversal rates are a lot lower than the other programs, which means you keep more of your payout.
- Commission from Sub-Affiliates: The earning potential from WP Engine is even higher because it gives you a commission for every sale your sub-affiliates make. For every conversion by your sub-affiliates, you earn $50.
- Copy & Paste Promotional Materials: WP Engine provides its affiliates with great banners and templates to use as promotional content. This greatly reduces your effort while increasing conversions, since WP Engine regularly conducts A/B testing on their banners. It also runs intermittent sales promotion offers that you can use to increase your referrals.
- Longer Cookie Duration: Generally speaking, cookies expire in 30 days for most affiliate programs. However, WP Engine allows a period of 180 days. This means that if a visitor from your website has clicked through on your affiliate link and purchases a hosting plan from WP Engine anytime within a span of 180 days, you’ll receive your due commission.
All these factors make the WP Engine affiliate program one of the best options. The only drawback is that fewer people tend to sign up for it, since its hosting plans are slightly more expensive. You will need to target your audience accordingly.
Join WP Engine Affiliate Program
4. Cloudways Affiliate Program
Cloudways is a managed web host that lets you quickly deploy websites to cloud servers like DigitalOcean, AWS, Vultr, Linode, and more.
So if you blog about WordPress development, themes, and plugins, then Cloudways could be a great choice for you.
Cloudways is one of the highest paying affiliate programs, offering commissions of up to $200 per sale.
They just recently revamped their affiliate program to offer affiliates better and more flexible commission structures. There are three different commission structures to help you earn the way you want:
- Slab (performance-based) – Earn between $50 and $125 per sale
- Hybrid (performance + recurring based)- Earn $30 per signup + 7% lifetime commission
- Custom (performance-based) – Earn up to $200 per sale
Let’s have look at a few reasons why the Cloudways affiliate program is one of the best in the business:
- Generous and flexible commission structure: The better you perform, the higher your commissions. You get to choose between a performance-based commission structure, or if you are inclined to passive income the hybrid commission model is great if you are in for the long run.
- Dedicated affiliate managers: You get a dedicated affiliate manager to help you walk through every step of the cloud hosting affiliate program. He or she will answer any questions you may have and give you access to expert guidance.
- Learning resources: You get access to various resources including our onboarding emails and guides, monthly newsletters, blogs, and benchmark articles.
- Real-time tracking: Cloudways affiliate dashboard comes with tracking cookies that monitor every visitor and referral so that you do not lose track of a single commission.
- Performance reporting: You can access detailed performance reports in your affiliate panel to evaluate your marketing efforts on campaigns and optimize strategies for improved results.
Cloudways delivers high performance and secure cloud hosting for both WordPress and non-WordPress websites. All of these reasons make the Cloudways one of the best hosting affiliate program with some of the highest conversion rates.
Join Cloudways Affiliate Program
5. A2 Hosting Affiliate Program
A2 Hosting is a renowned name in the web hosting industry, offering solutions for WordPress hosting.
The commission offered by the A2 Hosting affiliate program starts at $85 and goes up to $140. The amount increases based on the number of conversions, following an incentivized bonus structure. The payment is made on the 15th of every month via PayPal. It also offers $10 as a signing up bonus.
For the payment to be released, you need to touch the $100 benchmark. If you don’t make $100 in a month, the payment is released the next month (or whenever the threshold is reached).
Let’s look at some of the features the of A2 Hosting affiliate program and understand why it is one of the best programs available.
- High Payouts: Offering $85 on every sale, the commission offered by A2 Hosting is more than that of many other affiliate programs. Moreover, as your conversions increase, your commission goes up. For conversions between 11 and 20, you receive a commission of $100 per sale. For conversions between 21 and 30, the payout increases to $120 per sales. Finally, for conversions beyond 31, you get $140 per sale.
- Two-Tier Bonus: Like WP Engine, A2 Hosting also gives you the opportunity to earn every time your sub-affiliates make a conversion. For every referral by your sub-affiliate that purchases from A2 Hosting, you receive $5.
- Excellent Control Panel: Under its affiliate program, the A2 Hosting provides an all-inclusive control panel – called iDevAffiiliates – to its affiliates. Affiliates can use the software to gather statistics about their sales. They can also find banners and any other promotional material. The software also has videos and manuals to guide affiliates towards better conversions.
The A2 Hosting affiliate program has established itself as a leading program for bloggers looking to monetize. A2 hosting offers multiple hosting plans, with the basic one starting at $3.92 per month. This makes it easier to attract the audience to the portal.
Join A2 Hosting Affiliate Program
6. SiteGround Affiliate Program
AVAILABLE ONLY FOR USA AND CANADA COUNTRY
7. HostGator Affiliate Program
Another member of the Endurance International Group, HostGator is one of the longest-standing hosting services in the industry. It has millions of users spread all over the world.
The HostGator affiliate program is among the most popular affiliate programs. It also has a performance-based commission structure that rewards a high volume of conversions; the basic commission starts at $50.
Offering plans for VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated account hosting, HostGator uses Impact Radius to run its affiliate program. Let’s dig deeper into its features.
- Up to $125 Commission: You can earn a high commission of $125 per sale with the HostGator affiliate program. It follows a volume-based structure, where you earn $50 for up to 5 conversions, $75 for 6 to 10 conversions, $100 for 11 to 20 referrals, and $125 for referring beyond 20.
- Payment Terms: You get paid on a monthly basis, and the sales are verified two months after they have been made. The payment is made one week after the sales are verified. You have to earn a $100 minimum for the commission to be released but there is no upper limit.
- Affiliate Support System: HostGator offers a lot of guidance to the affiliates. It also provides a variety of banners and other materials. Finally, you will be able to consult with specialists if you want to boost your conversion rates.
Since HostGator’s plans are well-known and very popular, you will be able to promote its services easily and earn more as a result. This affiliate program is definitely one of the most reputable ones in the industry.
Join HostGator Web Hosting Affiliate Program
8. Bluehost Affiliate Program
Bluehost is also a member of the EIG, which makes it similar to other hosting sites in this list.
Bluehost is a web hosting platform that is famous for its high-quality and low-cost offerings; therefore, its affiliate program has a stronghold among bloggers looking to generate an income.
Bluehost follows a flat commission structure, offering $65 per sale. However, the commission can go up to $120 depending on the number of referrals you make.
Check out a few unique offerings by the Bluehost affiliate program below:
- Rewarding Commissions: You can earn huge sums of money if you have the capacity to drive volume sales. With a base commission of $65 per sale, you are eligible for a higher rate if you market their plans well and drive a large number of referrals to their portal.
- Payment Terms: If you sign up with the Bluehost affiliate program, you will get your commission 45 days after the end of the month of eligible purchase. The payment is processed between the 16th and the last day of the month. You need to have earned a minimum of $100 for the payment to be released; you should have a PayPal account.
- Superior Tracking: Bluehost has one of the most sophisticated tracking software; not a single sale referred by you goes uncredited. Its technologically advanced tracking system makes it a stable and dependable affiliate program.
- Guidance and Support: Joining the Bluehost affiliate program gives you access to a plethora of resources to increase your conversion rate. It also provides affiliates with display banners and ad links for their perusal. Finally, the publishers have access to a team of experts who can guide you to make more money via commission.
- More Conversions, Low Reversals: Bluehost is an established brand in the web hosting domain and is already being used by millions of customers everywhere. This means it is easier for the affiliate to push its hosting services to regular visitors. Since the hosting service is accepted among the user community, you will be able to drive more conversions and keep the reversal rates low.
Bluehost offers a variety of plans to its users. And since its steady service is widely appreciated, you will be able to promote it easily. As a web hosting affiliate, you can’t go wrong with the Bluehost affiliate program.
Join Bluehost Affiliate Program
9. Digital Ocean Referral Program
Give $100, Get $25
Everyone you refer gets $100 in credit over 60 days. Once they’ve spent $25 with us, you’ll get $25. There is no limit to the amount of credit you can earn through referrals.
Join Digital Ocean Referral Program
How Does It Work?
There are several ways to promote a web hosting service on your blog. First, you can write a post reviewing its services. Conclude the blog post with a link to the web hosting service.
Second, you can display banners on your website. Almost all affiliate programs give you their brand’s banners and other promotional materials. You can use these on your website or embed their link in your site’s footer or header. You can also use discount coupon codes to encourage your visitors to opt for the hosting service.
Every time a visitor checks out your website, clicks on the recommendation link, and ends up purchasing the service of the hosting website, you receive a commission. This commission can be anything from $50 to over $1,000, depending on which web hosting affiliate program you belong to and what their commission structure is.
Who Is It For?
Web hosting affiliate programs are primarily for bloggers writing about similar topics like SEO, website and blog creation, and web mastering. Even general website owners can be web hosting affiliates and promote their preferred hosting service.
If you want to be able to influence your audience to try out your recommendations, the first step is to build their trust. You can start by generating expert content on your blog.
Once you do this, it isn’t very difficult to direct them to a particular web hosting platform. For instance, you can simply include a footer that says “hosted by SiteGround” and drive visitors to the SiteGround website.
If you are already familiar with standard affiliate marketing and also blog about these topics, give web hosting affiliate programs a try!
Web hosting affiliate marketing works remarkably well for bloggers consistently putting out great content. The number of conversions you are able to make greatly depends on the search engine ranking of your blog or website, which is why the content is so important.
Choosing the best web hosting affiliate program is not a very difficult task for bloggers. In fact, you should already know about the existence of these popular hosting services. However, when choosing what you want to promote, keep all factors in mind. It’s not just about making a high commission, it’s also about keeping your content legitimate.
All the affiliate programs we discussed have been around for a long time; they are giving bloggers a great opportunity to generate a higher passive income. For instance, celebrated blogger Pat Flynn uses Bluehost and earns a hefty commission through referrals.
If you a blogger and are looking to join a web hosting affiliate program, take the plunge and let us know which program worked best for you!